Sunday, July 28, 2013

SIx

Peter turned six this week.  It's cliche, but I can't believe my baby is so old!  I always tell Peter he will always be my baby, no matter how old he gets.

"Even when I'm 35?"

"Yes, even when you're 35."


Peter wanted to celebrate by going out to Macaroni Grill for dinner.


My parents, Mema and Papa, came with us.





We had a nice meal, and then came home for cake.  No one likes cake quite as much as Peter does!


…well, Christopher seemed pretty into it, too!





Then, yesterday, Peter continued to celebrate by having his best friend Finn come over to go swimming and then sleep over.  It is Peter's first sleep-over.

Aren't the boys so adorable?  They are really such good friends, and get along really well.
What's even better is that Finn gets along so well with all the children.  He fits right in.


Peter is such a sweet, gentle, inquisitive boy.  He loves computer games  -- like all kids, I know -- but he really seems to have a certain knack for figuring out computers and electronics.  He is still very much into his superheroes:  the classic Marvel and Justice League ones but he is now branching out into Ben 10 and other Japanese ones.  He believes with his whole heart in heroes and in good always winning over evil (just like Gandhi said).  He is just such a love.

As many of you know, Peter is our miracle surprise baby.  John and I both carry the gene for Cystic Fibrosis and we have a 25% chance of having a sick child.  We did not know if we would ever have another healthy birth child after Olivia.  Peter was not planned (by us!) but he was the answer to many prayers that I have another healthy pregnancy and get to experience childbirth and nursing one more time.  

His middle name, Samuel, means "God listens."

Every time I look at him I remember how much God loves me and that he hears my prayers.  I am so thankful for my beautiful, loving, healthy little boy.

Happy Birthday, Peter!

No comments:

Post a Comment