Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rainy Day Crafts


Today is the first rainy day we have had all vacation.  Luckily, I had packed our Kiwi Crates and we were prepared for some indoor fun.  I read about Kiwi Crates when they were reviewed on the homeschooling section of The Pioneer Woman's blog (one of my favorites).  They are crates that come once a month, filled with all of the craft supplies you need for one project.
This month's craft was robots.



The kids had so much fun building robots that moved through mazes using magnets for power (hey, does that count as a science project?).


Even though I could probably replicate what Kiwi Crate does for less money, the point is:  I wouldn't.  I am a bit on the lazy side when it comes to crafting.


We will be using Kiwi Crates even month to ensure that at least ONE art project gets done each month!



 I have also purchased ARTisitic Endeavors, which I have heard is a fantastic program, for the kids' art program.  Of course, I haven't even opened it yet…but I've heard its good, LOL!


I also hope to incorporate some art history/ art appreciation stuff into our American history core, but for right now,  I'm just glad I had a plan for a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment