Thursday, March 6, 2014

What?! He's 9?!

 Really, the years fly by.

How can it be that my little guy is 9?

Meeting him and bringing him home from China seems like yesterday.


Nicholas is one of the best gifts I have ever received.  After losing many pregnancies and waiting through the big change in China adoptions back in 2006 (it went from a 6-months wait to, what is now, a 7- year wait), I have never been happier than when I finally wrapped my arms around his little body.



He was so scared and he needed a family so badly.  Nicholas is a sensitive guy who really felt the trauma of neglect.

He has come SO far.


He is such a good big brother.  A protector and a leader.


He needs to be needed.  And, boy, is he ever.






We celebrated his birthday by starting the day with our birthday-present-hunt (Mom's way to get out of wrapping present!), followed by a day of building Legos and having army-guy wars, and playing World War II outside in his new army fatigues.

Then, we had dinner at his favorite Korean restaurant.  






And then, cake!








 I am so proud of the responsible, honorable, funny guy that Nicholas is becoming.



He was such a good travel companion, and that trip will always be one of my most special memories.


Nick, you have a special piece of my heart.





Happy Birthday, my love!

1 comment: